Sunday 6 January 2008

The Observatory

Back in October last year, we spent a weekend at Sydney's Observatory Hotel for our anniversary. A very nice weekend; their restaurant (Galileo) is highly recommended.

Here are just some random photos from spending time wandering around Miller's Point, Walsh Bay and looking off the balcony of our room.

walsh-bay-stairs
view
enclosed
blank
sunset

Funny story: the weekend was kind of a present from me, so I was in charge of the organisation. I think you can see where this is going. We were going to make a whole weekend of it, so we also bought tickets to the play Don's Party at the Sydney Opera House. Come the Friday afternoon as we were about to leave for the hotel and then the play, I went to check the booking for the hotel: and found the booking was for a Wednesday and a Thursday about two weeks later. Oh.

I called the Observatory's reservations centre, and they managed to change the booking to that Friday and Saturday night, in the same kind of room. Fortunately for me. Weekend saved.

No comments: